Monday, March 19, 2007

What are Uncles for?

This last weekend, Nicole and I went to Orderville to celebrate my Sister's birthday. She and her husband and kids out for the week so we could bless her new baby boy with the whole family. This was the first time I had seen Liahna since she was Peter's age (3 months) so I had some catching up to do. Since this was our first time seeing Peter I thought I'd get off to as good a start as I could.

Uncles are for tickling... and laughing at their Nieces' little voices yelling, "Save me Gampa!"


Uncles are for being very excited... even when little Nephews aren't entirely sure they want to be.


Uncles are for playing in the dirt... and Nieces are for leaving little piles of it in "Gamma's" bathtub after.


Uncles are still for being excited to hang out with their Nephews...


Uncles are for helping feed and chase chickens... and keeping their Nieces out of "harms way"


Uncles are for catching Aunts and Nieces pulling faces at each other...


Uncles are for enjoying a good laugh with "Gampa" watching Nieces play in the dirt some more...


Uncles are for laughing their head off when their Nieces say, "Unca Ax I'm bouncing!"


And finally, Uncles are for chatting with their Nieces' and Nephews' mother about them (and other stuff, of course...)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

i do quite like that one of liahna and me pulling faces--she's a cute little nubbin, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have the role of uncle pretty well mastered!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time in O-ville....I didn't know your parents had chickens!! Fun place for little people, as well as their uncle.

Natalie said...

it's so awesome to watch you love kids - you are going to be the best daddy ever - no pressure, of course. :D

Anonymous said...

Of course those skills will be equally useful when you become a grandparent!

Christy said...

what a good uncle you are alex. you can be a psuedo uncle to our child if you'd like.