Friday, March 09, 2007

Taking a step back...



Once again, I find myself at the mercy of a pesky bug in a programming project. When you've stared at your code for a couple hours and gone through it line by line in the debugger, it's time to take a step back, put it in the sub-conscious problem solver, and return in a little while. In the mean time, Mari posted another Meme (what the heck is that anyway?) on her blog. This one is the whole alphabet, so get ready:

A- Accent: I've frequently been accused of being from the south, or being some kind of hick, both of which are more than a little true.

B- Best Friend: Sadly enough to say, I've more or less lost contact with most of the people who at one time or another would have fit this bill: Dave Yates, Kari Lorimer, Sherri Stephens, Phillip (I don't remember his last name, it was 4th grade). So now it's Nicole, my well-used mission scriptures, and my bike.

C- Chore I don't care for: I _HATE_ folding clothes.

D- Dog or cat: I've had some pretty funny friends from both categories here, so that's a tough one. Dog probably.

E- Essential electronics: My MacBook.

F- Favorite salad dressing: Probably balsamic vinaigrette (sp?)

G- Gold or silver: Meh. Silver on Nicole. Does stainless steel count as silver?

H- Handbag of choice: Heh heh. How about my North Face backpack.

I- Indulgence: I still like to play Dungeons & Dragons or computer games to relax. I know, I'm almost 27 blah blah blah

J- Job title: Computer geek.

K- Kids: None yet :-(

L- Latest personal purchase: A computer desk and chair so I can work at home without having fifteen things in my lap sitting in my old recliner or breaking my butt on a hard kitchen chair.

M- Most frequently craved snack: Hot, home-made bread... with honey or jam... or cinnamon and sugar...

N- Nail polish of choice: Heh heh. Chain lube from my mountain bike.

O- Overnight hospital stays: Miraculously none yet. I'm not quite sure how...

P- Phobias: Doesn't this require thinking about something you're scared of frequently? I'll have to get back to you on this one...

Q- Quote: "And I said unto the code guru, have mercy on me, for my code hath a grievous bug. And he had mercy on me, and wrought upon my code for many hours, and cast out the bug. And I said, how is this done? And he said this kind cometh not out, but by fasting and much prayer." -Quinn Taylor (a friend of mine).

R- Reason to smile: Give me a reason not to.

S- Siblings: Brother, Nathan and sister, Miranda (married to James) both younger.

T- Time I rise in the morning: 0610

U- Unknown fact about me: Despite having numerous broken parts (separated ribs, broken fingers, toes, nose etc...) I've never had a cast.

V- Vegetable I refuse to eat: None. Veggies are yummy.

W- Worst habit: Forgetting stuff.

X- X-Rays: Lots. Too many to remember well enough to count.

Y- Yummy food I make: Everything I cook.

Z- Zoo animal I most like: Tigers.

So it turns out that this Meme (still don't know what the heck that means) was kind of a chick thing, as some of the categories were only creatively applicable. So there you go Mari. And I'm now back to see if I can find that "grievous bug"...

6 comments:

Natalie said...

he he he - love it all. you're a gem.

Nicole said...

oh alexander, you're a funny kid. i love how much you love these q&a sessions. and you have too had an overnight hospital stay, even though you weren't the patient. remember the night of the exploding appendix? good times.

Alex said...

That is correct. I just figured that since I wasn't the one being hospitalized that it didn't count.

Anonymous said...

Fun, and largely predictable answers, but it is nice to learn more about you. What is NES?

Alex said...

Nintendo Entertainment System

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hate folding clothes...you should teach a class in it!!

Warm bread, huh? You probably should get a bread maker...that way you could multi task...make bread and write code at the same time!!