Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mari's March Q&A


Well, thanks to Mari's diligent Q&A posting I always have something to blog about when I have a spare second. Here's her March offering:

1. What's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you? Very likely something Nicole has said to me. Although, my bishop said a very nice thing about me once. I had just written a letter to my bishop from Basic Training with my brand new testimony in it and he read it in sacrament meeting and then said that it must be nice for my parents to know that I had become a good person.

2. What was your most embarrassing moment? One of two things: The farm boy conversation with Tophe and Nicole (if you want details you'll have to ask Nicole). Or the morning after I first kissed Nicole I ran into Tophe as I was going to do my laundry (Nicole was out of town) and Tophe got this big grin and said, "Good morning, sugar lips!" If you can't tell, Tophe has a gift...

3. What's your favorite place in the world? My family's private property overlooking Zion National Park in Southern Utah. No people, no buildings, no nothing. I've spent lots of hours up there. A very close second would be Hawaii.

4. Biggest waste of time? Worrying about something that you can't change for the worrying. I always got fed up at Basic Training and AIT when people would show up saying how the Drill Sergeants were going to 'smoke' us (lots of creative physical exercise). Everyone would be freaking out about it and stressing out and I wouldn't even care because if they were going to smoke us there was very likely nothing we could do about it, and if they weren't, why worry. The same applies to most situation where one could worry about something.

5. One or two piece swimsuit? Does it count as two piece if my board shorts have a liner? Otherwise I think I'm gonna have to go with one. Those dang t-shirts get all jacked up underwater...

6. If I knew then what I know now... Don't really have any of those. Every experience, even the really bad ones, has taught me something that makes me who I am and I don't think I'd be willing to trade any of those parts of me. It would have nice to have our wedding video on a DVD though...

7. The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is... If I can afford the time to start running and get in a little bit better shape for when I have a 3-mile bike ride to school after we move, or if I should just tough it out when it comes.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

was that worrying comment in any way pointed in my general direction? come now, al. everyone worries about being burgled...oh wait. maybe normal people don't. dangit.

Alex said...

A wise man once said, "If the shoe fits..."

Natalie said...

it pleases me to no end that you do these...and I'm picturing you in a two piece and it's really funny!

Anonymous said...

#4 - great advice!!
#5 - great visual....great laugh!!
#6 - all in due time!!

Christy said...

oh alex i'm so pleased that i was a part of BOTH of your embarassing moments. the farm boy conversation was a moment of epiphane for me and has been repeated several times since the original conversation. but let's remember that i'm not the only one who embarasses people...how bout the old bum grabbing days and the several G sightings?

Anonymous said...

Embarrassing moments are fun, but I would like more detail on the first.
Oh, that I could follow the obvious advice about worrying. I think you either are compulsive and therefore worry or you aren't and sleep much better. I so wish I could change in this regard.

Anonymous said...

Alex, if you are in the market for a Cowboy hat, see Natlalie's blog where you have commented on wanting a guy version of the hat she was wearing.