Sunday, March 09, 2008

It's that time of year again...

Last night I had a devil of a time getting to sleep. Perhaps it was an omen that my cell phone clock would not update with the time change and I'd miss church (which happened, by the way). There are many more "perhaps-es" that I could list, but one of them has been growing more and more annoying. My long, gnarly, brillo-pad-ish hair was curling around into my ears, and even tickling my jawbone.

It's getting warmer, and even though it's almost certain to snow again, the combination of annoying sleep prevention and lack of need for cold-weather insulation indicated that it was time for a hair cut. I'm not a huge fan of paying someone else to cut my hair, so I almost always (except when Nicole really puts her foot down) cut it myself. A few pics for your viewing amusement:




My hat fits much better again now.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

holy cow is all i have to say - that is one effective shearing.
i'm glad that your hat will fit better now.

Nicole said...

look at your tiny head--it's like a small pin.

Alex said...

tiny? really?

Nicole said...

comparatively.

Anonymous said...

oops! That is a serious haircut!
Well look at it this way, the only difference between a good haircut and a bad one is about two weeks.

Alex said...

There's nothing wrong with this haircut. If I hadn't been threatened with death or worse it would be shorter on the sides.

down in the valley said...

I could give you a good high and tight, but it looks like you did just fine. We just won't tell Grandma Esplin. :)

Julie Castellon said...

Wow!

Unknown said...

I love the cut. You were reminding me so much of Kaber hair. Your head doesn't really look small.