Friday, December 21, 2007

This is a different situation...

For what may be the first time in our whole marriage, I find myself in a very interesting situation. I (who since getting married have been a night-time showerer) showered this morning. The strange thing about it is not that I showered, but the fact that my most recent shower is several hours (14 give or take) more recent than that of my compulsively hygienic, sweet wife. Very strange. I checked outside and the sky hasn't fallen. Hmmm.... So very strange...

7 comments:

Nicole said...

and i quote: "the strange thing about it is not that i showered." i beg to differ. that is very much the strange thing about it.

Natalie said...

yes well, I have two showers you can choose from when you come.
so come already.

Anonymous said...

Have you started a new "tradition" of showering each morning, or is this just a once a week shower thing, from someone not so compulsively clean?

Alex said...

Clarification for Nicole and Insanity: I shower in the mornings when I have had less than 4 hours sleep. I can wake up whenever, regardless of how much sleep I've had, but sometimes I need a little extra wake-up in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a good "wake up" shower on those next to sleepless nights helps considerably.

Anonymous said...

i've always enjoyed showering in the morning--great wake-me-up. when i work out in the evening, i also really enjoy an evening shower--very relaxing. do you shower just for hygienic (sp?) purposes, or because it "makes" a part of your day?

Alex said...

@Bob: Hygiene only. Unless I'm sick, I'm not really into showering unless I'm dirty.