Monday, December 17, 2007

The last week of class...

Since the deadline for submitting work was last Thursday (the last day of class), I'm sure you're all dying to know the story of yet another coding marathons. So here are the official stats from last week, starting Monday morning and ending Thursday at around 11:00 PM.

Hours of sleep: 8
Hours programming: 50
Cans of Mountain Dew: 6
Cans of Sobe Adrenaline Rush: 3
Cans of Red Bull: 2
Pushups (another stay awake tactic): 320
Protein energy bars: 2
Real sit-down meals: 2
Lines of code written: somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 (I started one project completely over at about 4:30 Thursday morning.

Some pictures:

In the beginning (well, Tuesday morning):
After 24 hours (Wednesday morning):
After 48 hours (Thursday morning):
After 60 hours (Thursday night):

Yes, I was very wired, but due to an increase in physical activity since the last time I participated in this kind of insanity my resting heart rate stayed below 86. Last time I even scared myself as after about 50 hours my resting heart rate never dropped below about 100.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

i'm just beaming with pride.

sense the tone.

Natalie said...

I'll say beaming with pride - take a look at that fancy computer desk organizer!

Anonymous said...

No wonder you slept till noon on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

The desk organizer had to make the task easier for you...

...love the candy canes hanging on it!! Such a festive look!!