Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And the results are in...

Okay, I know you've all been anxiously waiting for the results of my little contest, so here they are.

1. With 1.5 points, my Dad.
2. With 1.33 points, my Mother, and my sweet wife, Nicole
3. With 1 point, Insanity, Mari, and Bob

So, I know you're all wanting to know what the answers are, so here ya go:

1. I have never performed CPR on a human being. Lots of training dummies, but no people
2. I gave varying degrees of partial credit for this one: First, they are saying that you need to know how to protect your PC, but they are using a picture of an Apple MacBook Pro with the luminous apple photoshopped out. They are saying that you need to protect your PC from viruses and spyware, but Macs don't suffer from viruses and spyware. Finally they mention that you should get anti-virus software, when there is only one company that makes anti-virus for Mac and it sucks. So there you have it.
3. "What is and what should never be" is the title of one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs. I'll play it for ya sometime if ya remind me.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

i think that i should get a bonus point because i passed my defense. oh, and also because i'm your wife.

kidding.

well done, daddy tim. you are a worthy adversary.

Anonymous said...

Three questions and three "strike outs" for me. Oh well.

Guess we need more "getting to know you" blogs from you!!!

Natalie said...

...still think I deserve a prize....

Anonymous said...

who's hd did you set up? i though for sure i had that one...

Alex said...

Most recently a coworker had one delivered to our office that he was going to hook up to a Mac in his house, so we prototyped his setup plan in our office to make sure it would work. Turns out it was a really great idea. If our TV craps out while we are in limited funds mode I'll probably buy a Mac mini and an Apple Cinema display (they have HDMI now) and make that work until we have the funds to buy a new TV. It'll be about $1500 cheaper than buying a comparable "normal" HDTV.

down in the valley said...

Not too bad considering you haven't lived here for a very long time.

down in the valley said...

Not too bad considering you haven't lived here for a very long time... And of course, I wouldn't get the Led Zepplin thing. :>)

Anonymous said...

I still don't see the connection between the song title and your blog entry.

Alex said...

The title of the blog was the title of the song. If you're looking for deeper significance, "What is" can be associated with the fact that in the picture they are using a Mac for a bunch of bogus PC stuff and "What should never be" can be associated with the fact that they shouldn't be doing that.