Monday, November 27, 2006

You can take the boy out of the desert...

But you can't take the desert out of the boy. Also, I would argue with the fact that you can take the boy out of the desert for very long. But that doesn't sound nearly as (insert adjective for poetic or literary here).

Nicole and I went to Orderville for the Thanksgiving holiday last week. I must say that the combination of my mother's home-made noodles in turkey soup, home-made stuffing, home-made pies... well, you can imagine that I didn't do much other than lay around and suffer on Thursday afternoon.

Friday we went hiking and shooting (the two pretty much go together, but I thought I'd spell it out for those of you who hike on trails in populated areas :-p).

People often ask me why I haven't been to more places in Zion than I have been, considering it's 15 minutes away. This is why:

My dad has a Heckler & Koch (HK) USP Tactical .45 that I quite enjoy to commandeer when I go down, as well as his HK G3 (NOT the select fire military version, the semi-auto only civilian version). Both are extremely sweet-shooting pieces (although it's much easier to double-tap with an AR-15 than the G3) and I have to bust a few caps whenever we go down.

Maybe next time we go I'll take some pictures of my own rifle and do another post, but as for now, it's back to the old programming project...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

ah the weaponry. i noticed that you didn't mention that the reason i took that last picture was because i think it's so funny that we all have to protect our eardrums from exploding when we fire the guns. but fun, al. but fun.

Natalie said...

first off, THANKS FOR FINALLY POSTING!
secondly, very cool photo of you and your folks shooting and the like - some day I would really like to go to O-Ville so that I can have a point of refrence - I've heard so much about it and haven't even been there.
thirdly, home made noodles and turkey soup sound DIVINE...could you bring some when you come to see me or will we just need to fly your Mom out with you?
LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU TEXAS!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend that was for you....and what a great visual I received from your blog(he, he, he....since I didn't have a clue what you were talking about with the guns!)