Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Vindicated!!!

As some of you may know, I have taken heat over the years from various people (some of you may even be in that category) for slouching or reclining backwards as I sit. Nicole gets after me for leaning the driver's seat of our car back so far and for sitting sideways on the couch leaning back on the arm. My mother has gotten after me for years to "sit up straight..." Well, now I have been vindicated. This article states that some recent research using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) indicates that a position reclined back 135 degrees with your feet still on the floor provides the best support for your back while sitting for long periods of time.

So, next time any of you roll your eyes when I say that you need to have the proper amount of "slouch", remember that for once I may just be right. (wouldn't that be something...)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

dear alex - you are such a great sloucher, especailly while playing on your 'puter in the big chairs at hen's house

Nicole said...

blah blah blah. slouch away, you crazy boy!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've seen you slouching in the big chairs here....but slouch away...I don't care!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever makes the back feel good and relaxed is what I say. Slouching is what I do, but I can't say that it has helped my back much.