Monday, July 26, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...

2002
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008
2009
2010

Today Nicole and I have been married for 7 years (the 2002 picture is when we were first dating). Sometimes it seems like only yesterday, and sometimes I have a hard time remembering what life was actually like before Nicole. Either way, the constant thing is that it's been the best 7 years of my life. I'm sure most people who knew us separately before we met were scratching their heads and wondering how two people so apparently different could date, let alone get married. But the end result is something that perhaps neither of us imagined. Life with Nicole has opened my eyes to a lot of world previously beyond my horizon. She's been a constant source of stability (something which I didn't have a lot of pre-Nicole) and comfort. She encourages (forces?) me to really think about things I never gave a lot of thought to, and not to just think something because somebody (anybody) else does. I could go on and on about why I love her, but perhaps most of all I love her because she loves me, not just for who I am, but for who I have the potential to be.

16 comments:

Nicole said...

aw, thanks. love you.

Christy said...

very sweet alex. love you two together. one of my favorite couples of ALL TIME. how's that for huge. when i saw july 26th on the calendar yesterday i knew it was a special day but couldn't quite put my finger on why... and then it came to me. i was suffering in the MTC while you guys were getting hitched. :) love you both!

dad k. said...

Very nice tribute. You do make a great and a very interesting couple. So happy you are happy together.

Mom K said...

Very tender blog. I was one of those "scratching their heads", but absolutely cannot imagine the two of you apart.

Love you both.

Suyin said...

Congrats, lovely writing and sentiments....

banarna said...

Surfing through blogs, happened to pop into yours. Love seeing the transformation over the years. Greetings from Norway :)

Alex said...

@banarna thanks for the kind words. :)

Anonymous said...

just ran into this blog and saw your top post about being married for seven years. It really looks like you guys have a special bond, keep it up!

The Diary of A NewlyWed said...

this is so sweet Marriage is a Blessing, a Gift and u show how much u appreciate and love ur gift . I have only been married 8 months and find yall inspirational:)

Anonymous said...

Till death do us part was once proven true

Unknown said...

WOW 7 years thats great to hear. rare to!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

reta said...

About Asia
nice picture

mandy said...

Congratulations. Don't you two just look adorable. :)

FullTruth/VerdadPlena said...

I happened upon your Blog because it was next to mine on the right. Well, I spent a good while here, clicked a couple of links, haven’t gotten an eBay account, so I skipped the sniper stuff ’till (not sure when), took the nerd test (did not see results), came back, saw photos from the bottom up, read about your seven year experience of love, gratitude, change and transformation… I’m just wondering if I could apply to your situation a double headed compliment similar to what I give people who ask me about my origins and past. I mention the country where I grew up in Central America (on the isthmus, that is), and tell them, “If you plan on going to heaven do not go to C. R. to live; because you may eventually forget your programed destination.” In other words, this country is so beautiful your comfort might make you feel you are in heaven (when in fact you are not), thus risking the forfeiture of the eternal destination by default. Take Salomon’s advice, rejoice with the wife of your youth, and enjoy life to the full keeping in mind where you came from and where you are going, ultimately. Milton, as FullTruth

Anonymous said...

Really nice :) If you are interested in beautiful pictures about Finland come to my Blog :)