Thursday, August 30, 2007

Better late than never...

Well, Nicole and Natalie have pretty much covered the Newport Beach trip this year, so I'll just say that any week I have 2 gyros at the Mad Greek in Baker is a good week, even when I'm sick for half of it. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the trip.

I'm rather proud of my steady hand.
This was a 1 second shutter opening just before the fireworks.
Ostensibly a "tame" ride, those rocket ships can pull some serious G's if you go all the way up and then head for the deck as fast as you can drop.
For good reason, Mater is probably my favorite character from Cars.
Apparently Chelsea likes him too: "Mater, a-funny Mater"
Believe it or not, Sleeping Beauty's Castle is one of my favorite sights at Disneyland.
Jayden sure loved his Mickey Ears Hat, not to mention the carousel.
Chelsea and I both love It's a Small World. And look how we're wearing matching shirts...
Me and an old friend.
Someday I'm going to build and program my own R2-D2 to clean up after me.
I like naps, although it appears that Chelsea didn't quite get the concept...
The Tallest One (Nicole's Grandma L*) got a kick out of my signature vacation facial hair.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

believe it or not, i'm quite proud of your steady, gyro-clutching hand, too. and it's a good thing that you and chelsea were wearing matching shirts. oh, and r2d2? you're a dork--a fact that is magnified by the fact that you're being c3p0 in that photo. what am i going to do with you?

Alex said...

Keep me and love me?

Anonymous said...

Great photos...some I haven't seen yet.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. My favorite character in "Cars" is also Mater!

Natalie said...

yes, such a great time - made so, of course, by being all together.
now where are some recent post, my boy - it's been WAY too long since since you posted.

Alex said...

Keep your panties on Mari, I'll get to it eventually.